Monday, January 3, 2011

Zucchini Muffins


Last night I was feeling the need to bake something. I spent a couple minutes looking through my cupboards and fridge to find nothing that inspired me, except for a tiny little zucchini that I bought by mistake the other day. And then it hit me...Zucchini Bread!

Although, since it is the new year and I'm starting a diet just like everyone else in the world. I thought I'd make them into muffins so that they could be in cute little single serving proportions. So I took that tiny little zucchini and made...Zucchini Muffins! Besides, Zucchinis are veggies, therefore I'm eating a healthy muffin! I'd say that is good logic if you ask my opinion.

Here is what you are going to need for 12 muffins:
-1 cup grated Zucchini (1 small Zucchini)
-1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
-1/2 cup White Sugar
-1/2 cup Canola Oil
-2 Egg Whites
-1 Egg Yolk
-1-1/2 cup Flour
-3/4 tsp Baking Soda
-3/4 tsp Baking Powder
-1/2 tsp Salt
-1-1/2 tsp Cinnamon
-1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste or Extract

First preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium sized bowl combine the zucchini, brown sugar, white sugar, canola oil, egg whites and egg yolk. Stir until combined.

In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk together until all the dry ingredients are evenly incorporated.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
Fold in the vanilla bean paste with a spatula.

Spoon the batter into lined or greased muffin pan about 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before enjoying them.
There you have it...healthy veggie muffins!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

3 comments:

  1. zucchini in muffins=veggies. You are a wise woman indeed! :)
    love,
    cathy b. @ brightbakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy, i love zucchini muffins. love the plate and mug. i adore polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have 3 zucchini in my fridge.. I am making this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...