Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rainier Cherries

Today I went to the grocery store to buy my weeks worth of groceries. I was in the fruit/veggie section when I passed by these cherries and stopped dead in my tracks.
They're back!
I haven't seen them in such a long time!
I was so excited that I grabbed a small bag to take home.

Interesting little fact (from wikipedia):
Rainier cherries were developed by Harold Fogle in 1952 at Washington State University (hence Rainier). It's a hybrid cross of a Van and Bing cherry. They are the sweetest and tastiest of all cherries.

I love these cherries. These little jewels are the perfect snack and are so sweet they could be a dessert all on their own!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! This makes me want cherries! Rainiers are good but I looooooove Flathead cherries although I don't think we get them in the stores in Colorado. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my favorite summer snacks! Too bad they are approximately 1 million dollars per pound.
    Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really?!? Here in MT it is about $3-4 for a pound? At Farmers Market they are super cheap as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...