Monday, January 17, 2011

Dusty's Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last night Dusty and I were watching the movie "Milk" and you know what goes with Milk?
Cookies!

Too cheesy? I know. But I'm just cheesy like that!

Anyways, while Dusty and I were watching "Milk" last night he turns to me and says (smacking his lips), "I think I need some cookies."
I look at him and say, "What are you nuts?!?!? I just made a bunch of cupcakes the other day!"

"I know, but we need some cookies"
"No, we don't need cookies, we have cupcakes."
"I want to make cookies. I think we need some cookies. Don't you think we need some cookies?"

This went on and on for about 5 minutes. Finally he went downstairs to use the restroom (sorry, too much info) and while he was occupied I ran downstairs, grabbed the brown sugar, white sugar and chocolate chips and hid them around the house in very sneaky hiding spaces. Then I went back into the kitchen and pretended to look through the pantry and told him, "Too bad, we can't make cookies. We don't have brown sugar or chocolate chips" (I didn't mention the white sugar...cuz I'm sneaky like that!)

He says, "Oh really, because I just looked at the pantry and saw all the ingredients I needed for the cookies!"
I started laughing uncontrollably to the point of needing to use the restroom too (TMI!) because I'm a horrible liar and should never be allowed to play poker.
Dusty then, steps out into the kitchen and finds my prized avocado I bought that day at the Good Food Store and holds it firmly in his hand.
"I'm holding this avocado hostage until I get my brown sugar and chocolate chips.Then once I am in possesion of the things needed, you may have your avocado back."

This was going to get ugly! I wanted to make guacamole this week and that was the best avocado I've ever purchase!

After 5-10 minutes of laughing uncontrollably, threatening my avocado, and tickling me to death, I gave in and showed him where I hid the brown sugar and chocolate chip cookies. Satisfied with himself, Dusty began preparing the cookies. Right as he was about to cream the butter and sugar, Dusty noticed that something was missing and I began giggling again! I really need to work on my sneaky/lying skills!
"What the....Where is the white sugar?!?!?" (Hehehe!)

The tickling and laughing and avocado threatening began all over again until I caved in and gave him the white sugar. And this is how the best chewy, flavorful and delicious chocolate chip cookies were made by Dusty:

Makes about 12 GIANT cookies!
-2 cups Flour
-1/2 tsp Baking Soda
-1/2 tsp Salt
-3/4 cup melted Butter
-1 cup packed Brown Sugar
-1/2 cup White Sugar
-1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
-1/2 tsp Almond Extract
-1 Egg
-1 Egg Yolk
-1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
-1/2 cup chopped Walnuts or Pecans (optional)

First preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease your cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
In a medium sized bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract and almond extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts at this time. Scoop 1/4 cup of cookie dough and drop it onto your cookie sheet. The cookies should be about 3 inches apart because they will get HUGE!
Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. Let the cookies sit for a few minutes on the cookie sheet after you pull them out of the oven and then transfer to a cooling wrack. Serve with a huge glass of milk!
I'm so glad I lost that argument last night....these are so good!

9 comments:

  1. Y'all are too cute! You should've mentioned cadavers - that might have made him lose his appetite...LOL. These look really fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! These look delicious!!! Perfect with a glass of milk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comment on my site!

    I love that your recipes serve two!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a chocolate chip cookie fiend!!! You did what you had to do by making them :). Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a yummy recipe. I bet the almond extract adds something to that. will have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these cookies look amazing! cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, chocolate chip cookies are the best!! BTW , love the new layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That story is hilarious. I loved reading every word of it. Your chocolate chip cookies sound exactly like my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe so I know they must be fantastic. I'm starting a new linky on my blog this Saturday called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by then and link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday. I truly appreciate your support and hope that you'll be able to join in again next Saturday. By then I'll have a cute button that you can grab.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...