Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cheesy Green Chile Chicken

This dinner is perfect for a busy weeknight. 5 ingredients and simple steps to complete a delicious and fast dish!
You can't beat that!

Here is what you are going to need for 2 people:
-4 skinless chicken thighs (with or without bones, doesn't matter)
-1 tbsp Lime Juice
-2 tsp Taco Seasoning
-4 canned Whole Green Chiles
-4 oz Fresh Mozzarella

First preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Then place the chicken thighs into an 8x8 baking dish.

Add the lime juice evenly over the chicken thighs.

Then sprinkle evenly 2 tsp of Taco Seasoning over top of the chicken thighs.


Cut the whole green chiles lengthwise, but only on one side (butterfly cut) and lay them over top of each chicken thigh.

Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil, add 1 oz slices of fresh mozzarella on top of each chicken thigh and bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese melts.
To serve, spoon 3 tbsp of broth over the chicken and serve with Zesty Jalapeno Corn Muffins and enjoy!

Print Recipe Here!

6 comments:

  1. This is the kind of food my Momma & I love. My husband isn't a fan of green chiles so I'm thinking I might have to kick him out of the house and invite my Mom up to have a girl's night. This sounds so good!! And the cheese on top? Holy Cannoli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum. those chiles are making my mouth water

    ReplyDelete
  3. With every additional picture, I kept going, "Oooh...OHHH!" This looks awesome! I'm all about the quick, flavorful chicken dishes, and this one looks like a winner. I mean, how can you go wrong with something zesty--with cheese??!

    This is definitely going in the ol' recipe box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I will admit, I have no idea what Taco seasoning is, and I'm not a huge fan of cheese on chicken, but I love Chilli! I have never seen them in a can, but now I just want to eat those Chilli's!! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regarding the Sweets for Saturday linky on my blog, there will be a little blue and red tab after all the thumbnail pictures that says, "You're next, Click here to enter." Just click on it, type in the required information, and you'll be all set. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/01/sweets-for-saturday-1_21.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...