Sunday, January 23, 2011

How To...Pan Sear a Steak

Tonight is the night before Spring Semester starts. I spent almost the entire day doing Anatomy and Physiology homework and class hasn't even started yet! I wanted something wonderful for dinner tonight, kinda like having a "last supper" before my last semester at the U of M starts.

When it comes to cooking steak, I'm notorious for just throwing my meat on the George Foreman Grill to cook. Which in fact, I hate doing because if my meat has a marinade on it, the mess is pure torture to clean!

So after searching through the ultimate cooking website, the gods of Food Network provided me with simple steps of how to Pan Sear a Steak, which I want to share with you!

Here is how you Pan Sear a Steak....
First, take your steak out of the fridge and let it reach room temperature, about 30 minutes. Pat dry the meat with a paper towel and season the meat with your favorite seasoning spice (Montreal Steak Seasoning) or just simply Salt and Pepper.

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and also turn the stovetop burner onto high. Heat 1 tbsp of Canola Oil in the pan on the stovetop until it is nice and hot. Turn the heat down to medium and add the seasoned steak. Brown the steak for 4 minutes on each side.

Take the pan off of the stovetop and place it in the oven to cook for 4-8 minutes (depending on the size of the steak). Then remove the pan from the oven and transfer it to a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes. This allows the juices to soak back up into the steak.

Then when you are ready to serve, cut the steak against the grain and serve with a potato and/or vegetable!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...