Friday, July 16, 2010

I'm Going To Be A Nurse!!!

Today, about an hour and a half ago I just got a call from my mom and she began reading me, "Dear Ms. Carroll we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the MSU Nursing Program...."

I think that is how it went, I don't know, I pretty much blacked out mentally and started sobbing like a baby.

I've applied to the MSU nursing program the year before and got rejected because they only take a small handful of students for the entire state of Montana. For being in such a high need it sure is hard to get into! You pretty much have to have a rockin' GPA to get into this program and after spending a year of retaking a few classes (turning B's into A's) and working towards my Microbiology degree, I did it! So in about 3 years I will have a job that allows me to live anywhere and help people! I can't wait!
Here is my sister and I (being dorks)....
About 2 years ago is when I really decided I wanted to pursue nursing, so for fun on my birthday my grandparents got me my first pair of scrubs. I've had them in my hope chest ever since waiting to be able to officially wear them!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for nurses! Where else can you work 3-12 hour shift and it be full time. 4 FULL days off a week baby!!!
    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dear:
    Dearest Student Nurse, I have been a nurse for 21 years and oh how I love it!!! A Nurse is not what you do, it is what you are. Just joined your site, Love it!But you go, girly-girl, you are about to embark on the greatest and nobelest career in the world. Bless your heart-Sherri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...