Thursday, July 8, 2010

Chicken Marsala....Done Light & Healthy

Yesterday I started my diet. Since I've been in college for 4 years the campus food has taken a toll on my body. So now instead of having strawberry ice cream at night while watching a movie with my love, I'm going to have a bowl of strawberries or kiwis. Hopefully I have the will-power to make it last! Besides, I need to lose a couple pounds before my big family vacation to California for a week. There is In-N-Out Burger calling my name!
Anywho....about a year ago Dusty found this Chicken Marsala recipe out of his Men's Health magazine and we tried it. To my surprise it was fantastic! For the entire meal it is only about 350 calories per person. NICE!
To make this light and filling dinner, this is what you need:
-2 chicken breasts pounded down to about 1/4 inch thickness
-1/2 cup of flour
-Olive Oil
-Salt/Pepper
-3/4 cup of Marsala Wine and Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (combined)
-4 oz of Mushrooms sliced
-1/8 cup dried parsley
First you need to pound down the chicken breasts. All I do is put the breasts into a plastic storage baggie and pound it. Then lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a bowl and dip the chicken breasts in the flour to lightly coat, shake off any extra flour (we are trying to be healthy here!). Then heat up your pan to medium heat, add the oil and place the breasts in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked all the way through. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep them warm.
Now add a little more oil to the pan and saute the mushrooms until golden brown. I love mushrooms so much, they make me happy!
Once they are golden brown you can add the Marsala and Chicken Broth. Let it simmer down to about 1/4 cup of sauce and then add in the parsley and season it with a little bit of salt and pepper. My favorite thing about this meal is the smell and taste of the sauce....it is just so savory and comforting.
Now that the sauce is done, you can pour it over the chicken and Ta-Da! It's finished and ready to go! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...