Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip

I don't know about you...but Dusty and I take March Madness very seriously! I'm not as serious about it as Dusty, but we like to make it an event every year since we started dating.

I pick my brackets by the team uniform color I like the best, school name and ranking (because I have no idea what is going on!). But Dusty is super serious and usually prints out 5 to 10 copies of the brackets, makes multiple versions of what could happen and then picks the best one. He also does research on teams and watches a ton of ESPN beforehand to figure out the best bracket. He has even won money doing these brackets when he lived in the dorms!

We even step March Madness up a notch by also making bets with each other. When I was living in the dorms a couple of years ago, Dusty and I bet that if he won, I had to do his laundry for a month (because he hates doing laundry with a passion) and if I won, Dusty had to take me out for a really nice dinner/date. The next couple of years, we bet over who had to do the dishes, more laundry, dates and etc.

Pretty much, it gets really intense! We hang up our brackets on the fridge and tally points after every game. It's really fun and we love being competitive with eachother! We even talk a little smack to each other...it's hysterical! Last year was the first year I won and hopefully this year I'll win again!

So when you are watching March Madness in the next couple of weeks and need a fun dip for watching way too many basketball games, try making this super simple Spinach Artichoke Dip!

Here is what you are going to need:
-1 cup thawed frozen chopped Spinach
-1-1/2 cups chopped Artichoke Hearts
-6 oz Cream Cheese
-1/4 cup Mayo
-1/4 cup Sour Cream
-1/4 cup Feta Cheese or Parmesan Cheese
-1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
-1/4 tsp Salt
-1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
-Couple dashes of Tobasco (or any Hot Sauce)

First preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a oven-safe serving dish, combine the spinach and artichoke hearts. On a plate, microwave the cream cheese for 1 minute until hot and softened, add it to the dish. Add in the rest of the ingredients to the dish and stir to combine. Place the serving dish in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Enjoy with chips or crackers!
Dusty is going down this year with March Madness!
He has been warned.
Even if I lose, at least I have a yummy dip to enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Don't tell Dusty but I'm rooting for you to win ;o)
    I love warm dips!! Especially ones that have artichoke in them. I got this one bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, this used to be my favorite dip. but my tummy can no longer handle the mayo and sour cream anymore. i've made a healthy version, but it just not the same. this looks so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo spinach dip is one of my favorites, but adding artichokes to it can only make it better!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...