Saturday, March 5, 2011

Grasshopper Pie

I know all of us read Pioneer Woman's blog on a daily basis, but there might be some of you that don't. That is why I want to introduce you to Grasshopper Pie. She just posted this recipe the other day on her blog and I had to try it ASAP!

Many moons ago, on a planet far far away, I use to be in a sorority (Kappa Kappa Gamma) for a short amount of time. One thing I look back fondly on with my experience in the sorority is the Grasshopper pie that Cook Judy use to make for the Monday night dinners. The first time I had a slice of this pie, it was like the clouds parted and heaven appeared! You can't imagine how excited I was when Pioneer Woman posted this recipe so I could make it myself!

Here is what you are going to need for a 9" pie plate:
-16 Oreos
-2 tbsp melted Butter
-2/3 cup Half & Half
-1 large container of Marshmallow Fluff or 24 Marshmallows
-2 tbsp Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
-2 tbsp Creme de Menthe Liqueur
-1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream

This recipe is super easy and doesn't require any baking....you gotta love it!

First throw your 16 Oreos in a Food Processor....

And save one for yourself!
Do you ever eat your Oreos when they are frozen?
They are the best!

Melt 2 tbsp of Butter and pour it into the Food Processor with the Oreos.

Then pour the Oreo crumbles into your pie plate and press them into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate with a spatula. Reserve some crumbs for sprinkling at the end. Set aside.

Now it's time for making the filling!

Heat the Half & Half and Marshmallow Fluff in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly the entire time until melted and combined.

As soon as it is melted and combined, place the saucepan into a bowl of ice so that the mixture cools quickly.

Once the mixture has cooled down, add 2 tbsp of Godiva Chocolate Liqueur (or Creme de Cacoa).

And add 2-3 tbsp of Creme de Menthe Liqueur.
Yay for Alcohol being in Desserts!


In a large mixing bowl, beat the Heavy Whipping Cream until you get stiff peaks.


Then pour the chilled Marshmallow mixture into the Heavy Whipping Cream and fold them together to incorporate.
I love the minty green color!
It's so pretty!

Pour the filling into the Oreo crust and try with all your might not to drink the leftover filling!

Sprinkle the top of the filling with some extra cookie crumbs and freeze the pie for 2 or more hours.
Before serving, remove the pie from the freezer and let it sit for 10 minutes on the counter so you can cut into it.

For St. Patty's day you have to make this, along with my Creme de Menthe Cake!
ENJOY!


3 comments:

  1. Looks great, Haley, I actually enjoyed your pictures better than PW's (shhh, don't tell anyone). :-)

    I'm not a big marshmallow fan but I was still craving peppermint so I made my own Grasshopper Pie version today with ice cream, so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so good! Hurray for alcohol and sweets in one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum. i bet it takes like the girl scout alcoholic drink. why is it things always remind me of alcohol? i have a problem.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...