Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sauteed Radishes & Sugar Snap Peas

Tonight I made a delicious dinner #2 out of my new cookbook and it had me licking the plate! For the main course I made a goat cheese and basil stuffed chicken breast with a mushroom-wine sauce that was to die for. Unfortunately, I had to work late tonight and was unable to get any pictures of it due to lack of sunlight.

But fortunately for you, I was able to sneak in a picture of the side dish I made to go along with my chicken before the sun disappeared for the night. I've only had radishes once before in my life, which was at a cooking class 2 weeks ago with Chef Cynthia, but this dish made me officially love them! I wish that I had actually made the full recipe of 4 servings instead of 2 because it was so tasty!

Here is what you are going to need for 4 servings:
-1 tbsp Butter
-1 tbsp Olive Oil
-1/2 cup thinly sliced Shallots
-12 oz Sugar Snap Peas, trimmed and strings removed
-2 cups thinly sliced Radishes (about 1 large bunch)
-1/4 cup freshly squeezed Orange Juice
-1 tsp dry Dill Weed

Melt the butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saute until golden, about 5 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and radishes and saute until cripy-tender, about 5 minutes. Add orange juice and dill weed, stir for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

That's it! This side dish is super simple, fast to make and really good!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I want to try this, because I've never cooked with radishes before.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...