Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pink Lemonade Pops

I have a new love, and it's my Zoku Quick Pop Maker!
I'm also in love with my new high speed internet and HDTV channels, but that's a different story.

A couple of weeks ago when I went to see Wicked with my mom and sister, I splurged and bought myself this popsicle maker at Williams-Sonoma. It cost less than $40 and it was totally worth it! Dusty and I have been having so much fun trying all sorts of popsicle recipes for the Zoku. This pink lemonade pop was the first one I made and I love it because it's perfect for summer and really easy to make! Once you freeze the Zoku for 24 hours in advance, it only takes 10 minutes before you have a tasty treat. 

Here is what you are going to need for about 4-5 Pink Lemonade Pops...
-1/2 tsp of finely grated Lemon Zest
-1/4 cup of freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
-1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Superfine Sugar
-1 fresh Strawberry, hulled
-Pinch of Salt
-7 fluid ounces of Water

In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients together.
*To get superfine sugar, just throw your sugar into a food processor by itself for 30 seconds to a minute, and you are good to go!*

Blend the mixture until it is smooth {no chunks!} and pink. Pour it into a measuring cup and let the mixture chill in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes. It helps the pops freeze faster!
I don't know if you have noticed, but I have this wallpaper border in my kitchen. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Sometimes I like it because it gives my kitchen charm/personality and then other times I hate it because it gets in the way of my pictures. So just do me a favor and ignore the wallpaper border with me, okay?

Once you are ready to make your popsicles, pull your Zoku out of the freezer and place the sticks in their appropriate places.

And then carefully pour in the pink lemonade juice. Make sure to not go over the "fill line"! I did this last night and Dusty and I could not get the popsicle out of the Zoku even if our lives depended on it. I ended up having to run warm water over the pop and then unthaw my Zoku. It's back in the freezer now and I will be making more tonight!
Learn from my ways.

Then pop the Zoku back in the freezer for 10 minutes and Ta-Da!

Pink Lemonade Popsicle!!!
I got really excited and took a bite before I could grab my camera...Oops!

Also...whatever juice I did't use when making popsicles, I just put in an air-tight storage container for later use. Now I just pour the juice in and go!
Seriously, you gotta get one of these. They are a blast!

6 comments:

  1. How fun! 10 minutes to freeze only? What a blast! These look so good. This would be better for my waistline (and wallet) than an ice cream maker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! My kiddos would love it if I made homemade popsicles! These sound great Haley! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so fun!!! So glad you're back into your apartment doing regular posts - I was missing my Haley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, i've seen that popsicle maker. i really want it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, your back! And wow do these sound delish!!! I have wanted one of those Zoku makers so bad. Now that I live in Houston where it is DEATHLY HOT in the summer time I may just need to invest in one of these babies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, the materials scientist in me wonders what this thing is made out of. I can't find it online - any guesses by looking at yours?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...