Thursday, April 26, 2018

Meal Prepping

Living in a small town doesn't lead to many options for eating out. We basically eat breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week, 4 weeks a month, 52 weeks a year at home. I love planning the menu for the week and luckily, Dusty lets me have full reign on what we eat. He likes being surprised with what fun dishes and foods I come up with each week.


Lately, I've really enjoyed meal prepping once a week, usually around Saturday or Sunday. I'll plan the menu, grocery shop (with my handy helpers, Charlotte and/or Nolan) and then read through each recipe and see how I can save myself time each week by prepping future meals.


I really love making breakfast and lunch ahead of time, so that I don't have to stop what I'm doing when I'm playing with my kids to eat a healthy meal. Otherwise, if I don't have something prepped, I find that I make poor food choices out of convenience and time.


I recently signed up for meal plans, cooking tips/tricks and recipes with Sweet Peas Meals and they have taught me a lot about meal prepping. I highly recommend you check them out!


Do you menu plan? Meal prep?
Does your family eat mostly at home? Out to eat? Combination of the two?
I'm curious what other families do...comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...