Friday, November 18, 2016

Chocolate Banana Nut Smoothie

Remember back in April when I was bragging about how my son wasn't a picky eater???? (Throws head back a laughs) Apparently I spoke waaaay too soon because my child has become the pickiest eater on the Hi-Line! If it's not Eggos, chicken nuggets, carbs or cheese, he ain't having it. When it comes to fruits and veggies, I still rely on food pouches or he will eat apple slices, but other than that....nope, nope and nope! Oh the joys of parenting! As a food blogger and lover of food, it hurts my soul when my little one refuses to eat the deliciousness I have prepared for him. Please tell me this is a phase?!?!

 
I love making smoothies for breakfast and I've found out that my picky eater enjoys smoothies as well! They are quick to whip up, not much clean up and so versatile. Smoothies also provide me with a sneaky portal to adding fruits, veggies, dairy and protein in my sons diet without him realizing it. I love it! Hehehe! 

One of my favorite smoothies in college were the chocolate peanut butter smoothies. Sounds healthy right? I'm pretty sure I gained half of my college weight from those alone. Therefore in order to enjoy my favorite smoothie, I found some ways to slim it down without losing the tastiness!

Almond milk and Greek yogurt are my go-to smoothie ingredients. You will find in all my upcoming smoothie recipes, I almost always use 1 cup almond milk and 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt. Both are an excellent source of protein, calcium and vitamin D. 

Chocolate Banana Nut Smoothie
Servings: 1 (24 ounce) Smoothie

  • 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1/2 cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 2 Bananas, sliced and frozen
  • 2 tablespoons PB2 Powder
  • 2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder-any brand will work, I use Doterra TrimShake 
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...