Monday, November 21, 2016

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Growing up, I use to loathe pumpkin. Like, seriously hated it! At any family Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, I was the kid eating apple pie (that I specially requested) all by myself while the rest of the family enjoyed pumpkin pie with a tall dollop of whipped cream. For some weird reason, I can't explain it.....everything changed and now I really enjoy pumpkin. I'm not pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice obsessed like a lot of people during the fall/winter seasons, but I have really come to enjoy it over the years. My favorite new fall treat since joining Weight Watchers.....pumpkin pie smoothies!

 
Who wants to go through the hassle of making a full-on pie when you can basically just throw it in a blender and instantly enjoy one?!? I'm all about the quick and easy breakfast treat! The key to the smoothie is using canned pumpkin pie filling, not just canned pumpkin. It already has all the seasonings and sweetness added into it. I like to place the pie filling into ice cube trays or muffin tins and freeze them before making my smoothie. Talk about the perfect Turkey Day morning breakfast before the big meal! 

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Servings: 1 (24 ounce) Smoothie

  • 1/3 cup Pumpkin Pie Filling, frozen
  • 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 1/2 cup Non-fat Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1 cup Ice Cubes
  • 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (optional) 
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...