Thursday, November 10, 2016

Egg White Breakfast Sandwich

One of the most difficult parts about working nights is finding a way to balance my natural internal clock. After sleeping from 7am to 12pm, I find it confusing to my system to whether or not I should have breakfast since I just woke up, or go ahead and have lunch? I usually make something that is a mixture of both (avocado egg toast, quinoa breakfast toast, smoothie, etc.). One of my favorite breakfast meals that travels well and keeps fresh all night at work are my egg white breakfast sandwiches. It takes all of 5 minutes (or less) to whip up and tastes great when reheated in the microwave. You can even make a huge batch of them and freeze for later! From personal experience I can to tell you they taste exceptionally great at 4:00 am! ;)

 



With the Fall season upon us, I'm finding some really fun "Limited Edition" English muffins to use for my sandwiches. Last month was all about the Pumpkin Spice flavor and daaaaang was that good! This month I'm all over the Cranberry English muffins. Yum! 

If you are in need of a healthy, high protein, super satisfying and delicious sandwich, then this breakfast sandwich is for you!

Feel like being an overachiever??? Try making your own English Muffins with my recipe HERE!

Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
Servings: 1 
  • 1 English Muffin, split in half and toasted
  • 2 Egg Whites
  • 1 slice American Cheese (2%) or 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • Salt & Pepper, to taste
  • Cooking Spray
  • Optional: Bacon, Sausage Patty, Turkey Sausage, Sliced Tomato
In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites until slightly beaten. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, set aside. Heat a small nonstick pan over medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour the scrambled egg whites into the pan and do not disturb. Cook until almost set, 1-2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the egg whites and finish cooking 1 minute more until completely set and cooked through. Fold the egg whites with the spatula into a fourth and place on top of the bottom of the toasted English muffin. Top with slice of cheese and finish with top of English muffin. Enjoy immediately or wrap in aluminum foil for later. If reheating later, remove sandwich from foil, place on plate and microwave for 1 minute. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...