Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Tacos

It's 3 days post-Thanksgiving and now the idea of eating the same boring turkey is starting to become a drag. So how do you use up the rest of that turkey?

Why not make Turkey Tacos!?!


This leftover dish has become a family tradition for using up the turkey after Thanksgiving. It's easy, simple and can be eaten cold, room temperature or warmed up. At first when my mom read off the ingredient list for the tacos, I thought it kinda sounded funky, but once I mixed it all together and stuffed it in a tortilla with cheese, I knew this was a good thing.

So when you are tired of making the same old leftover turkey pot pies, sandwiches, soups, etc. Give this recipe with a mexican flare a try!

Turkey Tacos
{3-4 Servings}

-2 cups leftover Turkey-chopped
-1/2 cup frozen Sweet Corn (thawed)
-1 Tomato-diced
-1 Green Onion-diced
-1 tsp Lime Juice
-3 tbsp Mayonnaise
-1 tsp Chili Powder
-6-8 Hard Corn Tortilla Shells
-1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese or Mexican Blend

Combine all the ingredients (turkey through chili powder) in bowl. Stir to combine. Stuff the turkey mixture into the shells and top with shredded cheese.

*You can eat this cold, room temperature or warm. Just microwave the mixture for 2 minutes to make it warm!


I told you this was an easy recipe!!!
Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving me another idea for turkey left overs. So far I have made turkey pizza and tonight I am making turkey pot pie. This recipe will be next on my list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound wonderful! I have plently of leftover turkey to deal with so this is perfect!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...