Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Steakhouse Skewers

On my trip to California, us ladies drove down to The Grove in Beverly Hills. As much as I love The Grove, I don't think I'll EVER be going back again. The drive down to Beverly Hills from my uncles house has to be the scariest drive in the world. I sat in the front with my uncle driving while my mom and sister sat in the back holding hands with a rosary between there hands as we drove through areas with bars on windows and hookers walking the corners of streets. We were not in Kansas anymore! When we finally parked the car in the parking lot, my mom and sister had imprints of the rosary on their hands from squeezing so tightly! Apparently the googlemap gave us the worst directions possible!

Anyways, the point of the story was that I got to go to Crate and Barrel (I was like a kid in a candy shop!)and I bought the cutest metal veggie skewers. Which almost made up for the drive from hell! Now I'm obsessed with making kabobs and I found a recipe in my Food Network Magazine for what I like to call "Steakhouse Skewers" (because I can't remember the real name for them) and changed it up a bit.

This is what you need:
-2 filets of Tri-Tip Steak
-1/2 of an Onion cut so that single layers are 1 in by 1 in pieces
-4 Mushrooms sliced
-4 Baby Red Potatoes cut in half and boiled

Tri-Tip Steak Marinade:
-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
-1 Tbsp Worcestershire
-1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
-1 tsp Parsley
-1 tsp Thyme
-1 tsp Rosemary
-1 tsp Garlic Powder

First, combine all the ingredients for the marinade together and place them in a large storage bag. Then cut the Tri-Tip Steak into bit size pieces, place them in the marinade bag and allow them to soak up the juices for 4-6 hours.
About 30 minutes before you are ready to make the kabob, boil the potatoes till fork tender.
Heat up your grill (or George Forman) till it is nice and hot.
In any order you prefer, start skewering your food. My pattern went: Meat, Onion, Mushroom, Potato, Meat, Onion....and so on and I ended with Meat.
All you have to do now is place the skewer on the grill and cook it for about 8-12 minutes until the meat is cooked all the way through and their are dark crispy grill marks on all the food.

This so far is my favorite Kabob. I also made Pioneer Womans Pineapple Skewered Shrimp which was really tasty and delicious, but I loved this one much more.
The flavor of the marinade with the meat was to die for and tasted like everything food from a grill should taste like!
This kabob is very filling as a meal itself and you should definitely try it!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...