Sunday, August 15, 2010

Poached Eggs

This morning I finally conquered my last fear with eggs....I made and ate a Poached Egg! If you refer back to my earlier post "Fiesta Eggs and Potatoes", you will read all about my issues with eggs and as of this morning I don't have anymore issues dealing with eggs. I feel like a better person already! And actually, it was also a first for Dusty as well because he had never had a poached egg too! So we enjoyed our experience with our first poached eggs together...it was magical.

I actually got my inspiration from watching an episode of Julia Child's The French Chef, which was a half hour devoted to 101 ways to cook an egg. So, I sucked it up and tried it.
They are super easy to make and quite tasty.

If you have never made a Poached Egg and want to try, this is what your going to need (for 2 people):
-4 Eggs
-2 English Muffins
-Butter-softened
-Salt and Pepper

Get a small dish to hold the egg in and gently crack it into the dish. Make sure not to break the yolk.
Bring a small saucepan to a simmer over Medium-High Heat and gently place the egg into the water.
In the meantime, toast the English Muffins in a toaster and spread softened butter on them.
Allow 4-8 minutes to cook, depending on how hard you want the egg yolk to be.
Using a slotted spoon, scoop the poached egg out of the saucepan and place on your English Muffin.
Sprinkle Salt and Pepper to taste.
That's it!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...