Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Perfect Coleslaw

I've finally done it!
 
I have finally found my absolute favorite coleslaw recipe of all time. It's quick, simple, easy and has the perfect ratio of slaw to dressing. Plus it's getting-into-your-bikini-for-Maui friendly with just 2 WW points per serving. Boo-yah!
 


Coleslaw is one of my favorite side dishes of all time. It's tangy, sweet and crunchy. It keeps really well for a couple of days in the fridge and is perfect for BBQ's, picnics and any family/friend gathering.

I made slow-cooker Hawaiian pulled pork sandwiches this week (yum!) and topped them with some of this coleslaw and it was awesome! I also like to top my favorite salmon burgers with coleslaw instead of the old stand-by of lettuce and tomato. It added tons of flavor to both of those sandwiches with the bonus of the crispy crunch that I love. And....you won't believe how fast it is to whip up!

Fall is just around the corner (in fact, I think it's already arrived), but don't let go of summer just yet! Make this Perfect Coleslaw and bring it to your Labor Day BBQ. I promise it will be a hit and be the perfect side to your burgers and hot dogs!

Perfect Coleslaw
{Serves 6}

- 1 (14 ounce) bag of Dole Classic Coleslaw Mix
-1 tbsp finely minced White Onion
-1/4 cup Mayonnaise
-2 tbsp White Granulated Sugar
-1/4 cup Low Fat Milk
-1 tbsp Lemon Juice
-2-1/2 tsp White Vinegar
-1/4 tsp Salt
-Dash of Pepper

In a large bowl combine the Classic Coleslaw mix and the finely minced onions. Toss to combine and set aside.

In a medium sized bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, milk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk together until smooth.

Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mix and toss to combine and coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours so the flavors soak into the coleslaw mix. Serve and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving the ww points. I love slaw but it usually has too many calories. I will be making this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving the WW points. I will be making this, I really like coleslaw, but it use to have to many points until now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...