Monday, July 1, 2013

White Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies

I feel like I need to pinch myself...I can't believe in less than 2 weeks Dusty and I will be getting married!


It's about damn time! I've only been waiting 2 years to marry the guy since he proposed to me back in August of 2011. Can it really have been that long ago since he liked it and put a ring on it? (sorry, I had couldn't help myself). I've actually wanted to marry Dusty for about 4 years. I knew he was the one for me right from the beginning. So I guess I can wait another 2 weeks if I have to...it's well worth the wait! I love that man.


I got asked the other day if I was going to start acting like bridezilla yet. Apparently being calm, relaxed and excited about the wedding is freaking some people out. It's actually kinda freaking me out! This behavior of being relaxed for something so important is really out of character for me. Usually I'm the type of person who creates spreadsheets, lays awake all night panicking and freaking out. I suppose that is the benefit of having 2 years to plan a wedding...you get the "freaking out" part out of your system early in the planning and then you can just enjoy the rest of the engagement. Plus, I have the help of my mom, Dusty's mom Julie and his cousin Raquel. I don't know what I'd do without those ladies, especially during nursing school! Those three women have helped me out so much with planning this wedding, you have no idea!


It's crazy to think of all that has happened since Dusty proposed to me. I've completed 2 years of nursing school (only 1 more semester left!) where I have learned more about myself and people than I ever would have imagined. Dusty started and finished his masters program, graduated and immediately started his first job at the hospital in Chester. We left Billings and moved to a wonderful small town on the hi-line. Then we were crazy enough right before the wedding and right after our move to get a puppy, which has completely changed our lives forever, for the better. I love that pup so much!


I'm so happy with where my life is at right now. This wedding in 2 weeks and marrying Dusty is the cherry on top to our wonderful life together and the start of something even better.



White Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
{2 Dozen Cookies}

-1 cup softened Butter
-1/2 cup Sugar + more for rolling
-1-1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
-2-1/2 cups Flour
-1/4 cup Seedless Raspberry Jam
-4 ounces White Chocolate Chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixer until fluffy and smooth. Slowly add in flour and mix until combined. The mixture will be crumbly, this is good! Using your hands, form the crumbly dough mixture into 1-inch sized balls by molding the dough between your hands. Roll the balls in granulated sugar and place the cookies on the baking sheet. Make shallow indentations in the centers using the end of a large wooden spoon.

Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are set, but not brown. Remove them from the oven and re-indent the centers. Fill each cookie with ½ tsp of seedless raspberry jam. Return the cookies to the oven to bake for 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.

Meanwhile, melt white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted in microwave safe bowl. Then drizzle the white chocolate over the cookies in a zigzag pattern. ENJOY!

Recipe By: Julie Ahrens (Dusty's Mom)

1 comment:

  1. Yay, so glad you stopped by and left me comments. It's great to hook up with other Montana bloggers. I added you to my reader (bloglovin). Sometimes I go awhile without commenting if I'm busy but I'll be lurking and catch up. We'll definitely have to plan a get together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...