Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Homemade Iced Mochas

Helloooo heat wave!

Dang. Is it hot or what???? Dusty and I don't have any air conditioning in our new house, so we are finding any way to stay cool to survive the heat. One of my new favorite ways to beat the heat is with Homemade Iced Mochas.


If you know me, you know that I absolutely hate drinking hot coffee. I just can't do it. Hot coffee and beer are just two drinks I can't do...I know! How did I make it through college?!? 

One thing that I can do is iced and blended coffee. Perhaps its all the sugar, cream, chocolate and ice mixed with the cold coffee??? Hmmm. I wonder if that's why I like it? :)

It's very important when making iced coffee to not use freshly brewed hot coffee. The hot coffee will melt the ice cubes and you will have a cup of watered down disappointment. Iced coffee takes some planning and patience. I brewed about 4 cups of coffee with my Keurig in the morning and chilled it in the fridge for 4-6 hours before even attempting iced mochas. If I had really planned ahead, I could have made the coffee and chilled it over night. I poured my coffee in a large mason jar with a lid and this allows me to keep coffee available for whenever I get the hankering for a cool caffeinated drink.

These Iced Mochas are liquid gold and save you so much money when compared to buying them at the coffee shop. Usually a 16 ounce iced mocha or blended coffee costs around $4-5...ca-ching! I bought all of my supplies for under $15 and I will probably be able to make 24 iced mochas, if not more!


Homemade Iced Mochas
{2 Servings}

-1 cup fresh brewed coffee, chilled
-2/3 cup Chocolate Milk
-2 tsp Chocolate Syrup
-1 tsp Brown Sugar
-Ice Cubes

In a large mason jar combine all the ingredients, except the ice cubes. Place the lid on the jar and shake until blended and frothy. You can also combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until combined/frothy if you don't have a mason jar. Pour the mochas over two glasses filled with ice and enjoy!

Recipe Inspired & Adapted By: Paula Deen/Food Network

3 comments:

  1. I used to always make sure I had cold coffee in the fridge, but haven't gotten into that yet this summer, but after reading your recipe I think it's a must. Stay cool in this heat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha..I love hot coffee and beer! But I love an iced mocha too! Sounds super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since we make pots of coffee, if we have any leftover I put it in the fridge. When I get enough I reduce it by half and add sugar than cool it again to make a coffee syrup.

    I add it to a tall glass with ice and milk, then stir. It last forever int he fridge...love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...