Monday, September 5, 2011

Getting Married!!!!

I'm so excited to announce that Dusty and I are going to be getting married July 13th, 2013!

That would be 677 days from now....just in case you were curious. Not that I'm counting or anything.

Last Friday I was so excited that Dusty was coming home from harvest, I just wanted to see him after him being gone for a month. It was probably one of the longest months of my life because I missed him so much. So you wouldn't believe how happy and excited I was that the day he came home from harvest that he popped the question!
It was the best day of my life.

The Proposal:
Dusty had only been home for an hour when he suggested for fun that we should go look at engagement rings at the mall, just for the heck of it. Also, because he knows how much I love going to the jewelry stores to look at the rings (because I like to drop unsubtle hints about wanting to marry him!). It would just be something fun to do on a hot day. I didn't really feel like getting out of my comfy clothes, so I suggested we could look online at some of the rings before going to actually look. As we were looking through the rings online, Dusty got up and walked behind me and the couch, not thinking anything of it I kept looking at the rings. From behind, Dusty said, "Oh, I really like that ring."
"Which one?" I asked, not aware of anything going on behind me.
"That one!"
"Ok, seriously. Which one are you pointing at?"
"This one..."

As I turn around, I look back to see Dusty holding a box with the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen in my entire life! At first I'm not believing my eyes, I thought I was seeing and imagining things, until he asked me...
"Will you marry me?"

I tossed the computer to the side, covered my mouth with my hand in complete shock, stood up to hug him and started crying hysterically saying, "Really? Oh my gosh! Really? YES!!! OF COURSE!!!"

It was the most wonderful moment of my life.

Dusty's hands were trembling as he took the ring out of the box and as he placed it on my finger. We were both smiling, laughing, hugging and crying tears of joy all at the same time. I'll never forget it. It was absolutely the most perfect proposal.

And can you believe how gorgeous this ring is???
He did good!

As it turns out, earlier in the month, Dusty, his mom and sister went to pick it out. He said that the moment he saw it, he knew it was the ring for me. I love that fact that his family was involved in helping him pick it out, it really means a lot to me, plus I love how the ring looks like an heirloom, even though it's not.
It's just absolutely stunning. Hopefully I don't get in a car accident, because I find myself staring at it while I'm driving! 

I also love that Dusty called my parents 5 days before he came home to ask for my parents blessing. I'm impressed that they were able to keep it a secret! I had absolutely no idea and was completely surprised!
Good job guys! Great work!

The Wedding:
Dusty and I have decided to wait until July 13th, 2013 to get married instead of next summer because we are both starting out our school programs this year, nursing for me and Dusty's health administration masters program. It would just be too stressful and I want to enjoy every moment of planning the wedding with Dusty, his family and my family. We don't want the wedding to feel rushed and stress everyone out. It's going to be a great time!

But don't you worry, we have already gotten quite a bit done already!
The next day after Dusty proposed, we went and loaded up on wedding books, magazines and planners. Dusty has already read his "groom book" and says he is good to go. I still have a lot of reading to do. I didn't realize how much goes into a wedding until I read the checklist!

 So, within the last week, we have picked out our colors....
Green, Purple and Blue (in various shades)

Plus we have already secured our venue (reception and ceremony) at The Daly Mansion thanks to the awesome help from my parents! We are so excited because Dusty and I have talked about wanting to get married there for about 2 years now, and it's finally a reality!

The grounds are stunning!

It's going to be so beautiful and so much fun!

Oh yeah, and of course my sister Annie is going to be the Maid of Honor, I like to call her my "MOH" for short.

Other than that, we have been cutting and pasting things that we love out of magazines and bookmarking things we see online. We are trying to collect as many ideas as possible for the big day!

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I wish you a lifetime of happiness!
    P.S. Your ring IS stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh holy crap that place is STUNNING!!! Perfect for the Disney Princess in you!!! I overwhelmingly approve :)
    Gosh, I'm so beyond excited for you guys.
    PS - aren't those paint chips awesome for picking out colors? I don't know what I cwould have done iwthout them.
    ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! That's such wonderful news. May I recommend using Pinterest to bookmark things for your wedding? It's a great site that acts as an online bulletin board so when you see something online you'd like to bookmark, you "pin" that picture to your board! Happy planning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! The ring IS absolutely amazing and the venue looks beautiful!! And the colors are fabulous! Have fun with all your planning - I had 18 months to plan mine - not too rushed, and I had a blast. My only word of caution - don't get burned out on "wedding" too soon... enjoy every second :-) Mazel Tov to the happy couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! so fun! i love your ring. SO pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay!! congrats! i can't wait as all the wedding details emerge. that venue is amazing and your ring is lovely. so happy for the both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! That's so exciting, and your ring is so gorgeous!

    I love your venue!

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you and Dusty! Thank you for sharing with all of us! I agree, "he did good" with the ring and the proposal! The mansion is magnificent! Your wedding pics will be stunning!!! Have fun planning! No car wrecks allowed! Just strategically place your left hand on the wheel in your line of vision! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you're sharing your engagement and wedding plans at the same time TCP & I are celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary. There's a certain symmetry to it. Congrats to you and Dusty. I can't wait to hear all about it as you continue planning. We wish you a lifetime of joy together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS--I don't know, but I think that mansion might demand the bride's arrival and bride & groom's departure in an open horse drawn carriage...a la Cinderella! [and the unsolicited wedding suggestions begin!] :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh congratulations!!! That is such a cute story, I smiled the whole time I read it. Your ring is gorgeous and I LOVE the colors and venue you have for your wedding. I can't wait to hear more about the planning process!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been MIA for a while and this was THE perfect post to come back to!! Congrats, girl :) So happy for you. Marriage is the best. Enjoy planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YEAH!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! The ring is gorgeous!
    Kecia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I can NOT wait to see the "final" photo! LOVE THE RING!!!!!

    DUSTY YOU DID AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Haley! SO happy for you!! Enjoy every second of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute proposal story!
    I've been staring at my ring in the car too haha!
    Good luck with all the planning. It's so nice that you have a lot of time to hash out all of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Serioiusly Congratulations Haley!!!! That proposal is so cute!!! Love it and your wedding is going to be stunning! That place is AMAZING!!!! Excited to see everything else that you come up with! Congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. New to your blog... what awesome news! Your ring is GORGEOUS!! It makes mine look silly lol! JK JK! But seriously that's so sweet, and sounds like you guys have a solid great relationship. Beautiful ring!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...