Wednesday, September 7, 2011

BBQ Macaroni Salad

You are going to love this macaroni salad! Only 5 ingredients and you have a super easy and incredibly tasty side dish. This has become my go-to mac salad because I almost always have the ingredients on hand and it only takes about 10-12 minutes to make.

So here is what you are going to need {4 servings}:
-1 cup of dry Elbow Macaroni
-Salt and Pepper
-1/3 cup Mayonnaise
-1 tsp Chili Powder
-2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
-2 Greeen Onions-sliced thin

Pretty simple, right???

Bring 2 quarts of water to boil in a pot. Add macaroni and 1/2 tbsp salt to boiling water and cook until tender. Drain macaroni and rinse with cold water until cool. Drain briefly, so that the macaroni is still moist, then transfer to a large bowl.

Add mayonnaise, BBQ sauce, green onions and chili powder to the bowl....

...And toss to combine.
Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
You can either eat it now because the temptation will be too great, or you can cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill it for about 30 minutes to an hour. Either way, it's all good!

Now I know I told you I was doing Weight Watchers, and I'm sure you guys are all thinking, "Really Haley? Pasta salad with Mayo?"
But let me tell you what....each serving of pasta salad is 4 points, approximately 200 calories! Each servings is a heaping 1/4 cup scoop of pasta salad and it is more than enough!

I had this for dinner last night and it was a grand total of 8 points!

Macaroni Salad = 4 points
Grilled Chicken Breast (3 oz) = 3 points
Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin = 1 point
Veggies (no spread) for Chicken Sandwich = 0 points
Chopped Tomato with Salt, Pepper and Dried Basil = 0 points

This just shows you can enjoy an absolutely delicious dinner for low calories (or points)!

Recipe Source: America's Test Kitchen 30 Minutes Meals



4 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I have such a soft spot for macaroni salad

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! And for serious - so few points - I'm diggin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum. i love BBQ sauce and i never thought to put it in mac salad. i'm totally trying this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought of this - brilliant idea - my girls will LOVE this!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...