Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Night Dinner: Homemade Pizza

Tonight for dinner I went with the tradition Friday night dinner of PIZZA, but not just any pizza....homemade pizza!

I realize now that when I was little I was very spoiled because my mom ONLY made homemade pizza. We never had delivery or to-go pizza's. Almost every Friday night my mom would make her homemade cheese (or whatever toppings Dad wanted) pizza. YUM! This was because my mom had really severe food allergies and basically the "Make it from Scratch" Queen. Then I got to college and all that was available was Delivery Pizza (yuck).
So anyways, tonight I was definitely feeling pizza and I didn't want it from some greasy pizza place like Dominos, Black Jack or Papa Johns. I was going to make it myself, dough and everything!
The Scene of the Crime...
My new kitchen! Small but definitely gets the job done! You can't really see but next to the stove is my Paula Deen Poka Dot Cake Stand and Pitcher. I'm in love with my dishes! I usually have treats on the cake stand but Dusty and I ate them all....oops!

So to start off the Pizza, I made AWESOME pizza dough courtesy of Pioneer Woman (LOVE HER!)
This is how it goes....
-2 cups of flour
-1/2 tsp yeast in 3/4 cup warm water
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 cup olive oil
Mix the flour with the salt and then slowly drizzle in the olive oil while mixing with an electric mixer. Then slowly mix in the yeast and warm water combination into the dough and mix until it forms a ball.

In a new bowl drizzle some olive oil and place the ball of dough into the bowl and coat it with the olive oil. Cover with a damp towel and place in a warm dry place (the oven turned off is good) for 1 hour.
Then, drizzle some olive oil on the pizza pan and stretch it out to desired size and shape.

That's It!

Then I placed pizza sauce on the dough and sprinkled a ton of Mozzarella and Sharp Cheddar Cheese on top (about a cup of each).
For the toppings I sauteed half of an onion and green bell pepper with some olive oil and garlic. But you can do whatever topping you want, I just did what I had in the fridge.
Once those were done I put those on top of the cheese.
To top it off I sprinkled Parmesean Cheese and Italian Seasoning for the finishing touches!
Preheat the oven at 500 degrees.
Before baking....
Bake the pizza for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
Results.....

Yum!
Basically I could have eaten this whole thing by myself because the crust was so crispy and thin and it was so cheesy, but I had to share with Dusty. Stupid boys. Just kidding!
It was sooooo good!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummm.

    It looks delicious. ^___^

    Plus, what a quaint kitchen! You have a dishwasher. So lucky! I'm beyond green.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...