Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie

Last week for Valentine's Day, I made this festive smoothie for the whole family as a fun way to kick off the day. It was a big hit, especially with my toddler! Who doesn't love chocolate and fruit for breakfast!?!?


Since the beginning of February, strawberries have been obsolete in my neck of the woods and if you could find them, they were shriveled and fuzzy. Yuck! The days leading up to Valentine's Day, there were absolutely none to be found in a 25 mile radius (I know because I looked). I had originally planned on making chocolate covered strawberries from the Pioneer Woman's holiday cookbook as a treat after our big fancy dinner, but due to lack of fresh strawberries I had to remix my plans. Therefore, I grabbed a bag of frozen strawberries, some chocolate syrup and all of my other typical smoothie ingredients and whipped up this fun and surprisingly delicious smoothie!


Great for a Valentine's Day or just an everyday breakfast! This smoothie is a winner in our house :)

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
Servings: 2-4
  • 3 cups frozen Strawberries
  • 1-1/2 cup Milk
  • 1 cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 3 tablespoon Chocolate Syrup
  • 1 tablespoon Agave or Honey
  • Dark chocolate, for garnish (optional)
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Top with shaved dark chocolate if desired. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...