Monday, May 9, 2016

Overnight Huckleberry Oatmeal

 
Overnight oats are a quick, hearty and simple breakfast. Combine all the ingredients into a jar, shake, refrigerate and forget about it until the next morning. As a busy mom by day and nurse by night, this is my type of breakfast food.


 
Before I head to the hospital for a hectic and crazy night in the ER, I love knowing that when I get off shift I have a jar of huckleberry oatmeal waiting for me at home. What's even better is the oatmeal travels well in a mason jar. I can take it with me to work or send it out with Dusty when he is heading to the farm. These overnight oats are a lifesaver during harvest season!
 
As a lover of all things huckleberry, I just had to add them to my overnight oatmeal. They add the perfect amount of tart and sweetness, which is why I love them. My mom spoils me by sending me home every time to visit with jars of her homemade huckleberry jam and bags of frozen huckleberries that she picks during the summer months. I never visit her without bringing my cooler and loading up on huckleberries from her stash.

If you don't have bags of huckleberries hiding in your freezer, you can easily substitute various other types of fruit instead. Fresh raspberries with raspberry jam. Blackberries with blackberry jam. Freshly sliced strawberries with strawberry jam. As you can see, the list goes on and on....
 
 
 
Overnight Huckleberry Oatmeal
Servings: 1
  • 1/4 cup Quick Cooking Oats
  • 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
  • 1 teaspoon White Granulated Sugar
  • 1/4 cup frozen or fresh Huckleberries
  • 1 tablespoon Huckleberry Jam
  • 1/2 cup Milk or Almond Milk
Place all the ingredients in a jar or container with lid. Stir or shake to combine; cover and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...