Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cranberry Pistachio Christmas Cookies - Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2012

For the first time this year I participated in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap hosted by Love & Olive Oil and The Little Kitchen with OXO. Each participant was matched up with 3 great food bloggers and got to send each blogger 1 dozen of their favorite cookie. All proceeds and donations from the cookie swap went toward OXO's Be A Good Cookie campaign for Cookies for Kids' Cancer foundation. It's such a great cause and so much fun to be apart of!


I was matched up with the lovely and very talented:

-Gretchen of Hazelettes
-Ashley of Baker by Nature

Over the past week I have received my cookies in the mail! All of which have been fantastic! It was so much fun to get 3 packages in the mail containing 3 different dozens of cookies. The best part was not knowing who was going to send you cookies, so it was a total surprise when you opened them up! 

-Jocelyn of Inside BruCrew Life sent me Peppermint Mocha Fudge Cookies which tasted like a richer and more chocolatey adult version of a Thin-Mint cookie. To Die For!

-Sarah of The Life Album sent me Lemon Coconut Snowballs which you just pop in your mouth and let melt. I love anything and everything with coconut, so these cookies were fun to receive!

-Kimberly of Rhubarb & Honey sent me Holiday Monster Cookies that are filled with everything wonderful! 


The cookies I mailed Gretchen, Ashley and Jamie were Cranberry-Pistachio Christmas Cookies! I just love the colors of the nuts, berries and chocolate with how they look so festive for the holiday season. Plus, have you ever made a cookie using cake mix?

Oh my gosh! They make the fluffiest and softest cookies EVER!

These are my favorite holiday cookies of all time. Make them. You will love them too.


Cranberry-Pistachio Christmas Cookies
{Makes 3 Dozen}

-2 packages of Yellow Cake Mix
-4 Eggs, beaten
-1 cup Canola Oil
-1 cup chopped shelled Pistachio Nuts
-1/2 cup sweetened dried Cranberries
-1 cup White Chocolate Chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine the dry yellow cake mix, beaten eggs and oil. Mix until just combined. Fold in the pistachio nuts, cranberries and white chocolate chips.

Using a 1-1/2 tbsp sized cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and place onto the cookie sheet. You should be able to fit 12 balls of cookie dough on a cookie sheet at a time.

Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges become lightly golden. Carefully transfer your cookies to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the last 2 dozen of cookies.

Enjoy! Happy Holidays!

*Thank you OXO, Love & Olive Oil and The Little Kitchen for hosting such a wonderful cookie swap!
*Thank you Kimberly, Sarah & Jocelyn for the fantastic cookies!

Recipe from: The Gooseberry Patch

4 comments:

  1. Lovely looking cookies! I love the combination of cranberries and pistachios - perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, Haley! I love the cranberry, pistachio & white chocolate combination. I made 'bark' with it last Christmas and loved it. I really like that these are made with a cake mix - easy to toss together in a rush. Can't wait to try them! -jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these tonight, using regular chocolate chips instead of white chocolate (ew). I made them more for my mom than me, since I'm not really a fruit and nuts in cookies type person. They weren't bad from my perspective and she loved them from hers. So a win! I've never used cake mix for cookies before; that was a first!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...