Sunday, December 9, 2012

Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms

From now until Christmas day there are going to be tons of Christmas and holiday parties to attend. Need a savory, delicious and festive appetizer to serve or bring to your friends house?

I've got just the thing for you...Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms!


Mushroom caps baked and stuffed with a creamy filling that you can easily pop in your mouth is what makes this such a perfect appetizer. Have a drink in one hand while having a stuffed mushroom in the other. Perfect for parties! 

I love the use of the christmas colors too. It makes this appetizer really stand out and fun for this time of year.

To make the filling, I used some very special ingredients from Star Fine Foods. They have a special line of infused olive oils that are simply amazing. I used the Olive Oil with Roasted Garlic for my mushroom filling and oh-em-gee it was so fragrant! The aromatic smell of garlic filled my kitchen and the flavors of my filling were touched with a pleasant flavoring of garlic. I can't wait to start roasting everything with these olive oils!


I also used Cara Mia marinated artichoke hearts from Star Fine Foods which added the perfect seasonings to the mushroom filling. Mmmm, I love marinated artichoke hearts. They are my favorite on top of pizza, used in dips and now stuffed inside mushrooms!


Did I mention before that these stuffed mushrooms are perfect for parties? You can easily assemble them earlier in the day before your guests arrive and then just pop them in the oven for 20 minutes. As Ina Garten says, "How easy is that?"


Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms
{Makes 16}

-16 whole White Button Mushrooms - stems removed
-2 tbsp Star Fine Foods Olive Oil with Roasted Garlic
-5 oz frozen chopped Spinach-thawed and water squeezed out
-4 Sun-Dried Tomatoes-finely diced
-1/4 cup Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts-roughly chopped
-4 oz Goat Cheese
-4 oz Cream Cheese
-2 tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Wipe mushroom caps clean with a damp paper towel. 

Heat 2 tbsp of garlic olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and marinated artichoke hearts. Stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove the mixture from the pan and place it into a bowl. Add the goat cheese and cream cheese to the bowl and stir to combine. Mix well.

Fill the mushroom caps with the mixture and place them on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle mushrooms with grated parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm. 

Enjoy!
*Note: Star Fine Foods sent me a package full of their awesome products to test out and use to create recipes. All opinions and thoughts written about the products are my own. I love this stuff! Thanks Star Fine Foods!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love stuffed mushrooms. My husband doesn't care for mushrooms in general though so I'll just have to think of an excuse to make these cuz they look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so yummy - love the combo of flavors! :) You're right, this is a very festive, delicious idea for a holiday party too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...