Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tropical Salad Dressing

This blog post is going to be a quicky today because there isn't much to say about a good salad dressing! It's just good!

Besides Litehouse Buttermilk Ranch and Thousand Island Dressing (to make my In-N-Out Animal Fries), I never buy salad dressing. I grew up with my mom making the best italian dressing from scratch and I've been spoiled ever since! I've also become addicted to Simply Scratch's Sweet Basil Vinaigrette too. That dressing is on my top 5 favorite dressings of all time.

This Tropical Salad Dressing is on my list too. It has a completely different flavor from my other favorite dressings, but it's perfect for summer. So good, I could drink it!


Here is what you are going to need:
-1 cup Pineapple Juice
-1/2 cup finely minced Red Onions
-3 tbsp Brown Sugar
-2 tbsp Rum (or Water)
-1 tbsp Lime Juice
-1 tbsp finely chopped Walnuts
-1 tbsp Bacon Crumbles

In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, red onions, brown sugar, rum and lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer the salad dressing for 5 minutes until slightly reduced. Take the saucepan off the heat and stir in the walnuts and bacon.
Serve warm on your salad or chill in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!

Recipe Inspired by: Cooking Light Complete Cookbook

3 comments:

  1. Please share your moms Italian dressing recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could! No matter how many times I try to replicate it, I can't! She doesn't have measurements either...just a dash of this and a dash of that. I'll keep working on it tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this sounds like a really great salad dressing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...