Last Thursday I was tagged by Amy over at Surly Kitchen to participate in a fun activity called "7 Facts." By being tagged, I get to share 7 facts about myself and then tag 7 people to do the same!
-Tag the person who tagged you
-Share 7 facts about yourself
-Tag 7 bloggers to participate in this activity
So here are 7 facts about me:
1. I am a huge Star Wars nerd! I've watched the movies so many times and I use to play with the Star Wars action figures. I even had the Death Star and Millenium Falcon! (TOTAL NERD)
2. My first love was Leonardo DiCaprio in 4th grade when Titanic had just come out. My dad took me to see it in theaters and I sat in his lap while crying like a baby when Leo died at the end. My dad kept saying to me, "It's okay Haley, his Mercedes Benz is parked in the back lot." It didn't help me much because all I was focused on was that my boyfriend was drifting to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean!
3. I was a cheerleader from 7th grade until my senior year of high school. My senior year I was dance captain and choreographed the motions to the school fight song that they still do today.
4. The only place I shop for clothes and accessories is Maurices. They always seem to have the clothes that fit my personality the best and they are so cute! I have a charge card there that causes me a little bit of trouble!
5. I was an RA in the dorms for 2 years at the University of Montana. It was great because it was free room and board, plus my staff members became my greatest friends. It was rough because I didn't have a life and had a 8:00 curfew 4 out of 7 days a week. It was such an amazing experience...I highly recommend it to any college student.
6. Dusty and I met at a fraternity party (romantic, I know) my sophomore year of college. He came up to me and asked me if I wanted to "merengue dance" with him. He twirled me and spun me all night on the dance floor. I was so smitten with him and weak in the knees from his smile! We swapped phone numbers that night after dancing and then we had a date at our local smoothie place a couple days later. The rest is history....
7. Last spring I had a mid-life crisis and thought about going to culinary school instead of nursing school. When you take 4 years of science class, you get really frustrated from the lack of creativity. So instead of culinary school I took my creative frustration and started my blog. I have to say it has been 100 times more fun teaching myself to cook and I still get to be a nurse! It's a win-win situation!
Now that I have told you 7 facts about me, I get to pick 7 bloggers to tell 7 facts about themselves:
The Country Cook
The Menu Mama
Wanna Be A Country Cleaver
Cook, Bake and Decorate
365 Random Days of the Year
The Church Cook