Thursday, June 6, 2013

Chipotle-Garlic Mayonnaise

It's funny how over the years our taste buds evolve. I can distinctly remember eating plain white turkey breast and mashed potatoes as a young girl at Thanksgiving. How boring is that? I also remember ordering just a chicken taco with cheese and lettuce whenever we would go out for Mexican with my family too. Totally bland.

Now I've gotta have heat! I've gotta have flavor! The more flavor the better. I find myself mixing Frank's Red Hot Sauce and Tobasco on everything. I can't just have Ranch dressing anymore, I've gotta have it mixed with Frank's. Hashbrowns and eggs can't be left alone, they have to have dashes of Tobasco everywhere. It's become an addiction.

So of course through natural progression I had to move onto altering mayonnaise! Instead of just chopping up some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and adding it to my mayo like I've seen in so many recipes, I took it up a notch and added some really fun flavors to make something really wonderful.

This mayonnaise is insanely good. I've been putting it on everything. I feel like that sassy old lady from the hysterical Frank's Red Hot sauce commercials who "puts that s*** on everything". You know what I'm talking about! I'm putting this mayo on everything. My sandwiches will never be the same. In fact, next week I'm going to use this flavor-packed mayo to show you how to make the ultimate grilled cheese. Get excited!

To make the Chipotle-Garlic Mayonnaise, it only takes 5 ingredients and less than 5 minutes! It just takes lemon juice, garlic, mayonnaise (the real stuff, not the fake nasty Miracle Whip), chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and parsley. 

Place all the ingredients in your mini-food processor...

And let it go for 5-10 seconds until it resembles this gorgeous creation!

That's it! Super simple and easy. The next step is to spread it on everything from your favorite sandwich (maybe not PBJ...that might be weird) to tacos, burgers and salads. Feel free to play around with the spiciness of this mayo. I find that 1 chipotle pepper per 1/2 cup mayo is perfect, but you can always add more or use less. It's up to you!

Chipotle-Garlic Mayonnaise
{1/2 cup}

-1/2 cup Mayonnaise
-1 tsp Lemon Juice
-1 clove Garlic
-2 tbsp Parsley
-1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce (seeds removed)
-1 tsp Adobo Sauce from Chipotle Peppers

Combine all ingredients into a mini-food processor. Pulse ingredients for 5-10 seconds until combined. Place in an air-tight container and store for 7-10 days or serve immediately. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...