Monday, December 20, 2010

Wild Mushroom & Goat Cheese Pizza

Holy Cow!
I can not tell you enough about how much I love my new cookbook, "Clinton St. Baking Company"!
I think I have just made the best pizza crust and pizza of all time from this book and I want to share it with you!

For the Pizza Dough:
-2 tbsp Olive Oil-divided
-1/2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
-1 tsp Active Dry Yeast
-1/4 tsp Salt
-1/2 tsp fresh Rosemary-chopped
-1 clove Garlic-minced
-3/4 cup Water
-2 cups Flour

I believe that the dough having rosemary and garlic in it is what makes it so special and delicious!
I'm in love!

Combine all the ingredients (only 1 tbsp of Olive Oil) in a large bowl or food processor and mix until it becomes smooth and elastic.
Place the other tbsp of Olive Oil in a bowl and add the ball of pizza dough. Toss the dough until it is evenly coated with olive oil.
Turn you oven onto the "warm" setting for a minute or two and then turn it off. Place the bowl into the warm oven and let the dough rise for 1 hour.

Now it is time to make all the other parts for this delicious pizza!
You are going to need:
-Caramelized Onions
-Roasted Mushrooms
-Olive Oil
-4 oz of Goat Cheese
-Salt & Pepper

To make the Caramelized Onions:
-2 large Yellow Onions
-1 tbsp Olive Oil
-1 tbsp Butter

Over medium heat, melt the butter with the oil. Add the onions all at once and stir the onions around for 15-20 minutes until they become dark golden brown.

To make the Roasted Mushrooms:
-2 cups sliced Button Mushrooms
-1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms
-2 tbsp Olive Oil
-1 clove Garlic-minced
-1 tsp fresh Rosemary-chopped
-1/2 tsp Salt
-1/8 tsp Pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until the mushrooms are coated with seasonings and oil.
Spread the mushrooms out in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minute until they become brown and caramelized.

To assemble the pizza!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Roll out the dough and spread the caramelized onions as if they were the pizza sauce.

Top the onions with the Roasted Mushrooms.

Dot with chunks of Goat Cheese.

Drizzle with Olive Oil and sprinkle Salt & Pepper (to taste).

Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy and beginning to become golden brown.
I'm in love with this pizza, and you will be too!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Haley...I am speechless.

    Garlic and rosemary in the crust?!? Oh MAN. And goat cheese AND mushrooms??!

    ...

    Yes. Mam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love goats cheese feta, and I love mushrooms. Both are a staple for my pizzas. Mmmm. But I never thought to put herbs IN the base before. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, thank you so much for sharing this crust recipe! I love the idea of adding garlic and rosemary to the dough.
    I've been on a search for the perfect pizza dough recipe for longer than I care to say, and I'm excited to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...